Click on the appropriate opportunity for a detailed description. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, CORPORATE GIVING
EVENING SECURITY ATTENDANT
PART-TIME ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE
• Seasonal Event Staff
• Seasonal Line & Prep Cooks
• Seasonal Housekeeping
• Seasonal Maintenance
• Seasonal Gift Shop Associate
• Summer Camp Intern - Summer
Cheekwood is searching for dynamic, proactive, and highly organized Development Officer focused on Corporate Giving. The Development Officer, Corporate Giving, will help to support key strategies to maximize contributed income for Cheekwood, with a primary focus on corporate sponsorships, corporate memberships, and the recruitment of corporate executives for Cheekwood Society and Cheekwood’s donors to the Annual Fund ($1,500 and above).
- In concert with the Deputy Director of External Affairs, develops annual strategy for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate donors, with the ultimate goal of securing support for all key exhibitions, programs, and initiatives.
- Responsible for developing revenue goals and budget for Corporate Giving, and monitors and reports on progress regularly.
- Leads the creation of Development-related corporate materials, including new Corporate Membership brochure, exhibition / program sponsorship overviews and corporate sponsorship proposals, applications, presentations, etc.
- Develop and launch renewed Corporate Membership program.
- Track, manage, and fulfill corporate benefits and any contractual obligations for sponsorships.
- In concert with Marketing, serves as Development liaison for appropriate corporate sponsor recognition on all invitations, signage, newsletters, e-blasts, and other collateral.
- Serves as Development representative at corporate events as needed, both on-site at Cheekwood and off-site.
- In concert with Development Officer, Individual Giving plays key role in identifying corporate executives to engage as potential individual supporters through Cheekwood Society, and helps to develop appropriate cultivation strategies for each.
- Assists with donor solicitation mailings, logistics for Development events, and general Development tasks.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of the Development department’s systems, processes, and data infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years corporate fundraising experience at a nonprofit organization, or an equivalent organization. This person must possess outstanding project management and organizational skills. He/she must be an experienced fundraiser who can successfully identify, cultivate, and steward relationships with funders. He/she should prioritize activities and responsibilities and possess strong interpersonal and teamwork skills. Must be able to maintain flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends as required. Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Send your letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
EVENING SECURITY ATTENDANT
Working under the direction of the Security & Safety Manager, this position will be responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment. Will be responsible for monitoring radio traffic and providing positive customer service while maintaining a professional demeanor. Must have the ability to work evening hours and weekends.
Requirements: Security level experience in the entertainment or the hospitality industry is preferred. Must have a valid driver’s license and a State of Tennessee Unarmed Guard License. Send your resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources. Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Responsible for all food production for the restaurant, catered events and onsite opportunities. Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labor budget for the department. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Plans menus for all food outlets in the restaurant and Cheekwood catered events. Purchases products and other necessary food supplies. Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste.
• Develops creative recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which will help to assure consistently high quality and minimize food costs for Restaurant, Catering and other onsite opportunities.
• Exercises portion control for all items served and establishes menu selling prices.
• Schedules and coordinates the work of line cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that require skillful preparation and evaluates food products to assure that quality standards are consistently attained.
• Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times in keeping with Health Department regulations. Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles. Establishes and maintains a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
• Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to assure that financial goals are met.
• Attends food and beverage staff management meetings.
• Consults with the Special Events Managers about food production aspects of Cheekwood special events being planned.
• Periodically visits dining area when it is open to welcome visitors.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of various computer software programs. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, and volume. Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to meet with potential clients to sell / plan catering. Large scale food production and transportation experience. White table cloth a la carte restaurant experience. Send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
PART-TIME ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE
Accounting Assistant to process the organizations A/P ensuring:
o Correct coding and timely entry into accounting software
o Compliance with internal controls related to supervisor sign-offs
o Process and prepare checks for mail checks
• Maintain orderly A/P files
• Maintain 1099 vendors
• Manage incoming and outgoing mail
• Prepare daily deposits
• Reconcile daily cash receipts to transaction reports for multiple points of sale
• Copy all checks or other supporting documentation and distribution to appropriate department
• Maintain daily guest attendance report
• Distribute monthly departmental financial reports
• Work on special projects as requested
This is a part-time position (28 hours/flexible M-F). Requirements include a high school diploma or equivalent, two plus years of high volume AP experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office and MIP accounting software (preferred), along with excellent customer service and organizational skills. Please send your resume, along with a cover letter, to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Cheekwood, 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN, 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Please send your resume to email@example.com EOE
Seasonal Event Staff - Reporting to the Special Event Managers, this position will be responsible for event and bar set up and will serve as a representative of Cheekwood to all vendors, caterers and hosts. Will be responsible for monitoring the buildings and grounds throughout the event. The ideal candidate must have a valid ABC Certificate, extensive bar/alcohol experience, event management experience, excellent client relation and supervisory skills. Must have the ability to work nights & weekends.
Seasonal Line & Prep Cooks - Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position will be responsible for preparing dishes accurately for the Pineapple Room Restaurant with detail to presentation. The ideal candidate must have 2-3 years kitchen experience in a full service restaurant and demonstrated knife and cooking skills. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday daytime hours.
Seasonal Dishwasher - Reporting to the Executive Chef, this position will be responsible for washing all dishes and equipment. This position will also be responsible for some prep cooking as well. The ideal candidate must have the ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and work Tuesday-Sunday daytime hours.
Seasonal Busser - Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and the Dining Room Supervisor, this position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service while clearing the tables for our patrons in the restaurant. The ideal candidate will have previous customer service and restaurant experience and the ability to work in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday 10am-3pm.
Seasonal Wait Staff - Working closely with the Restaurant Manager and Dining Room Supervisor, this position is responsible for ensuring all food and beverage items are presented correctly while providing exceptional customer service to guests. The ideal candidate will have previous food service experience in a formal atmosphere, knowledge of wines, strong customer service skills, ability to work in a fast paced environment and a valid ABC Certificate. Must have the ability to work Tuesday-Sunday 10am-3pm.
Seasonal Housekeeping - Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for the general cleaning of the buildings, office, kitchen and restrooms while maintaining our standard housekeeping procedures. The ideal candidate will have one year of commercial cleaning experience, an appreciation for detail and the ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds. Must have valid driver’s license and the availability to work Tuesday-Sunday.
Seasonal Maintenance - Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for general maintenance activities, which can include cleaning, plumbing, construction projects, mechanics, and painting. Responsible for weekly furniture set ups and strikes. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of commercial/institutional maintenance experience and the ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds. Must have valid driver’s license and the availability to work Tuesday-Sunday.
Seasonal Gift Shop Sales Associate - Seeking a friendly and energetic salesperson to work in the shop providing excellent customer service, good salesmanship skills and assistance with all aspects of running a retail shop in the beautiful setting of Cheekwood. The candidate should have previous retail experience in a fast paced environment with higher end products. Duties include opening/closing of shop, running computer/cash register, sales of products to customers, general customer service, and occasional unpacking/lifting of packages of up to 20lbs. Candidates must have a pleasant service-oriented demeanor and previous customer service experience is required. This position is seasonal and part-time. Availability on weekends is required.
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art is located on 55-acres in Nashville, Tennessee, and is considered one of the finest examples of an American Country Place Era Estate in the United States. Designed by Bryant Fleming for the Cheek Family who amassed their fortune through the Maxwell House Coffee business, Cheekwood was built between 1929 and 1932. The estate was opened to the public as a garden and art museum in 1960 and currently operates with an annual budget of $6 million and over 100 full and part-time staff members. A Fodor’s Destination of Choice, Cheekwood welcomes over 200,000 visitors from around the world annually and has 11,000 member families.
Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 for its 30,000 square-foot Georgian Mansion and original boxwood gardens, Cheekwood boasts 10 additional distinct gardens, numerous botanical collections and a Tennessee Level IV Arboretum. Cheekwood is also an accredited art museum with strengths in American painting, works on paper, photographs, and decorative arts. The Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail showcases an outstanding collection of outdoor sculpture by internationally acclaimed artists along a natural hiking trail.
Preserve Cheekwood as an historical landmark where beauty and excellence in art and horticulture stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit.
Cheekwood will be a nationally recognized destination renowned for its distinctive beauty, historical significance and excellence in art and horticulture.
• Celebration of BEAUTY that nurtures the spirit
• Historical PRESERVATION that pays tribute to the past
• EDUCATION that stimulates the mind
• FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in stewarding our resources
• CREATIVITY that ensures we are dynamic and innovative
• COLLABORATION that embraces our community
• EXCELLENCE as our standard of operation in all areas