HOME SCHOOL OPPORTUNITIES
Cheekwood offers an array of opportunities for the home school student in both the Museum of Art and the Botanical Garden.
Home School Day at Cheekwood
Wednesday, August 20
10:00am – 2:00pm
Home School Day on August 20 is currently FULL.
Please check back for information on future events.
Join other home school students & families for a day of educational fun at Cheekwood!
Activities for the day include:
- Visit our summer exhibitions, David Rogers’ Big Bugs and Andy
- Take a Bug Tour or Garden Tour (10:15am, 11:15am & 12:30pm)
- Listen to a Gallery Talk in Andy Warhol’s Flowers (11:00am & 1:00pm)
- Go on a Sculpture Trail Hike (11:30am)
- Make a print, inspired by Andy Warhol’s work (on-going)
- Pick-up self-guided activities to do at your own pace, including:
Botanical Bingo, Howe Garden Activity Guide & Backpack Adventure
Groups are welcome to picnic at Cheekwood during the day, or make reservations in the Pineapple Room restaurant. Ben & Jerry’s will be on-site selling ice cream during the day. Admission is free for home school students, and accompanying adults are $12 each (cash only please). Payment must be made upon arrival.
Registration for this event will open on July 14. Check back for the link to register.
For additional information, please contact Karen Kwarciak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 353-6973.
Museum of Art and Botanical Garden Tours
• Self-Guided Tours: Home School Groups are welcome to take self-guided tours at any time. Groups must have a minimum of 15 students or more to receive the home school rate.
• Guided Tours: Cheekwood requires a minimum number of 15 students within a specific age range: K-4, 5-8, or 9-12. Guided tours must be scheduled at least 2 weeks in advance. Click here for a list of tour options.
Admission is FREE for home school students. Accompanying adults are $12 each. In order to receive the special home school rate, both guided and self-guided tours must be scheduled through our Education Department, for a minimum of 15 students and no less than 2 weeks’ notice for guided tours. Tours are offered Tuesday – Friday.
Scheduling your group:
To schedule your visit to Cheekwood, please call (615) 353-6973 or email email@example.com.
Have the following information ready when you call or email:
• Your group’s name
• Mailing and email address
• Contact phone number
• Name of desired tour
• Grade level
• Number of students and number of adults
• Preferred date/time and two alternate dates/times for your tour
We offer family memberships so you may regularly move your classroom outdoors and utilize Cheekwood’s vast resources in your home school curriculum.