Reception Facilities at Cheekwood
Capacities may change depending on the needs for the event
Prices Effective as of 12/1/2012
Cheekwood is proud to announce the newest exhibit for 2013
Light: Bruce Munro at Cheekwood
May 24 - November10, 2013
With this exhibit will are able to offer a “lights on” feature for our Facility Rentals that will keep the exhibit lit throughout your event giving your guests an entirely new and different experience.
Lights On Fee: $1500.00
(in addition to the rental fee listed below. Not available for the Pineapple Room)
*please see your Event Manager for more details
THE PINEAPPLE ROOM
With floor to ceiling picture windows, The Pineapple Room restaurant overlooks the greenery of Cheekwood’s west lawn. Chavari chairs add an elegant touch to the natural charm of the room and the wrought iron seating on the deck expands the space for larger events. The Pineapple Room is the required caterer for events taking place in the restaurant.
• Capacity 125 for a standing reception with use of the deck
(stand by tent required for guest count over 70)
• Capacity 70 for a seated or buffet dinner inside only
• Capacity 100 for a seated or buffet dinner with use of the deck
• $1500 rental fee plus $500 refundable damage deposit: Friday & Saturday
• $1000 rental fee plus $500 refundable damage deposit: Weekday & Sunday
CHEEKWOOD MUSEUM OF ART
The Museum of Art is ideal for both elegant receptions and small, seated dinners. The Museum is a 1920’s Georgian-style mansion, the former home of Leslie and Mabel Cheek. The collections include 19th and 20th century American paintings and decorative arts, as well as outstanding traveling exhibitions. With use of the Museum, you may use the Swan Lawn for a wedding with up to 200 guests. Capacities vary during the month of December due to the Holiday at Cheekwood exhibit.
• Capacity 250 for a cocktail reception
• Capacity 200-300 for dinner if using tent on Swan Lawn
• $6000 rental fee plus $2000 refundable damage deposit
• Capacity 60 for a seated dinner in the Loggia or Drawing Room.
• $3000 rental fee plus $1000 refundable damage deposit: Weeknights & Sundays
MASSEY DISPLAY HALL IN BOTANIC HALL
The most versatile of Cheekwood’s event sites, Massey Display Hall is ideal for meetings, luncheons, receptions, or seated dinners. Massey Display Hall and its adjoining terraces provide a changing backdrop of art exhibits and greenery.
• Capacity 400 for a reception; 300 for a seated dinner
• $3200 rental fee plus $1000 refundable damage deposit: Friday & Saturday
• $2800 rental fee plus $1000 refundable damage deposit: Weekday & Sunday
*All day setup option for full rental of $4000
Please see your event manager for more details and availability.
THE FRIST LEARNING CENTER
Great Hall, Terrace, Courtyard
The Learning Center has a warm, rustic yet elegant appeal, combining the original stables and carriage house of the Cheek estate with a two-story, glass building opening onto a lovely brick courtyard. The former stables have been transformed into Cheekwood’s Contemporary Art Galleries, with a terrace overlooking downtown Nashville. It is a perfect site for a cocktail buffet, dance, or reception. The terrace, courtyard, and special event lawn may be tented at a cost ranging from $800-$3,500, based on size.
• Capacity 275 for a cocktail reception using the terrace
• Capacity 200 for buffet dinners
(Catering facilities are limited and plated dinners are discouraged for over 150 guests)
• $3900 rental fee plus $1000 refundable damage deposit
Hours - Cheekwood is available for wedding ceremonies and receptions after 5:00 pm. The Pineapple Room Restaurant is available after 5:00pm. The Potter Meeting Room and Massey Display Hall are available during business hours for meetings and luncheons. Amplified music and bar services must end at 11 pm in all venues, security is provided until 12 midnight.
Insurance - Cheekwood requires special insurance for private events. Please contact Cheekwood Rentals for information about the specific insurance needs for your event.
Capacity of Cheekwood's rental sites can vary depending on the specific needs of your event.
Please contact Cheekwood Rentals at 615.354.6377 to discuss.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
*Music City Tents and Events is the required Vendor for all reception/ceremony sites & must be booked through the Cheekwood Special Events Department.