Click on the appropriate opportunity for a detailed description. Please send your resume to email@example.com EOE
MEMBERSHIP AND DATEBASE ASSOCIATE
Cheekwood is searching for a detailed orientated Membership and Database Associate. Reporting to the Director of Membership, Data and Fulfillment, the Membership and Database Associate works to maximize revenue and grow Cheekwood’s membership base.
• Record management in Altru: accurately input constituent information including biographical, payment, membership, and contact data. Update and maintain active records with current information. The database currently contains over 11,000 active member households, and more than 100,000 individual and organizational records.
• Customer service and moves management: Respond to general membership inquiries pertaining to new memberships, renewals, upgrades, replacement cards, and online orders. Document appropriate correspondence in constituent records for future reference. In concert with Director of Membership, Data and Fulfillment and Development Officer, Individual Giving, emphasizes awareness and moves management of upper-level member program.
• Processing mail and email: Process incoming mail and monitor the membership e-mail account for customer service and for donations and membership payments.
• File Maintenance: Maintain paper copies of all payment records in the department’s filing system.
• Fulfillment of memberships and gifts: regularly assist with the fulfillment of membership cards, guest passes, and thank you letters.
• Assists as a liaison with Marketing and Events departments: assure high-quality Membership messaging and events for member events and activities.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and experience working in a non-profit or an equivalent fundraising/membership organization. Must have knowledge of Altru, The Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, or similar CRM program (3-5 years’ experience), Excel, Word, and Publisher. This person must possess excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to adapt to varied duties, ability to work with volunteers, team player, professional attitude, interest in technology, and good verbal and written communication skills.
Send your letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Working closely with the Director of Tourism and Business Development this position is responsible for all retail operations and works to assure the profitability of the gift shop which includes budgeting, merchandising, inventory management, supervision of retail staff, and finding new ways to improve sales while meeting customer demands.
• Merchandising/Marketing- Maintain high merchandising values which reflect the image of Cheekwood. This person will work in conjunction with the marketing department to develop an advertising or promotional plan which will maximize retail sales including display window, exterior flags/signage, interior signage and visitor and member materials and communications. Develop a merchandising plan for each season which enhances product presentation and makes the store an easy and desirable place to shop. Research and recommend new products, identify and cater to the key/core constituents, manage inventory stock levels and make key decisions about stock control, work with program staff to develop and/or select specialized merchandise that ties to exhibits, organize special promotions, displays and events and maintain store premises and grounds in such a manner that they represent a positive image of Cheekwood.
• Customer Service- Will inspire and train the retail employees on the importance of customer service and promote and monitor quality of service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model, be personally available to all customers to identify their needs and address their questions or concerns, ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are defined and met consistently, respond to customer complaints and comments and tour the sales floor regularly, talking to staff and customers and identifying or resolving urgent issues.
• Budgeting and Planning- Formulate the fiscal revenue, expense and profit goals for the store within guidelines, ensure that goals will be met through appropriate planning and organization of staff, inventory and expenses for short and long term success, maintain expenses for cost of goods sold measured as a percentage of sales, meet or exceed the annual budgeted net profit contribution, take necessary action to lower expenses if sales goals are not being met, analyze sales figures and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits, use information technology to record sales figures and for data analysis and forward planning and assure accuracy of sales data, bank deposits, inventory records and other critical accounting information.
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in retail store management with a demonstrated ability to motivate and supervise staff, strong initiative and leadership skills and working knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards, ability to successfully implement retail concepts, excellent communication skills, strong problem solving skills with the ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies and the willingness to set and maintain high standards in performance. Must also be proficient utilizing an electronic retail sales software package and spreadsheets and the availability to work nights, holidays and weekends.
Send your letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Cheekwood is seeking a part-time Docent Coordinator to recruit, train and schedule the docents in art, history, and horticulture interpretation programs.
• Serve as primary contact for docent engagement, scheduling, and training
• Schedule docents for public tours, private group tours, and special programs
• Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator to implement cohesive scheduling process
• Recruit new docent applicants and conduct training sessions twice yearly
• Coordinate regular monthly training sessions and special temporary exhibition trainings
• Maintain a high level of personalized service and communication with docents
• Develop and maintain accurate docent directory
• Generate and distribute regular newsletters
• Conduct surveys to evaluate program and solicit feedback
• Evaluate docent performance to ensure quality of content delivery and positive guest experience
• Collaborate with Education, Museum, and Garden staff to develop new training materials and revise existing materials
• Encourage positive morale through formal and informal volunteer appreciation and feedback
• Assist in planning and implementing organization-wide volunteer appreciation events
• Assist with logistics for large school group tours
• Conduct tours as necessary
Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and working experience in volunteer management with constituent relationship software and scheduling tools. Experience working in a museum, botanical garden, or comparable institution is a plus. Must have strong organization and communication skills, excellent written communication and public speaking skills and interest in interpersonal communication and relationship building. This person must have the ability to be flexible and work occasional nights, holidays and weekends. This is part-time, 28 hours per week, hourly position.
Send your letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources 1200 Forrest Park Drive, Nashville, TN 37205 or email Pbruckse@cheekwood.org. EOE
Cheekwood Botanical Gardens and Museum of Art is located on 55-acres in Nashville, Tennessee, and is considered one of the finest examples of an American Country Place Era Estate in the United States. Designed by Bryant Fleming for the Cheek Family who amassed their fortune through the Maxwell House Coffee business, Cheekwood was built between 1929 and 1932. The estate was opened to the public as a garden and art museum in 1960 and currently operates with an annual budget of $6 million and over 100 full and part-time staff members. A Fodor’s Destination of Choice, Cheekwood welcomes over 200,000 visitors from around the world annually and has 11,000 member families.
Named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2000 for its 30,000 square-foot Georgian Mansion and original boxwood gardens, Cheekwood boasts 10 additional distinct gardens, numerous botanical collections and a Tennessee Level IV Arboretum. Cheekwood is also an accredited art museum with strengths in American painting, works on paper, photographs, and decorative arts. The Carell Woodland Sculpture Trail showcases an outstanding collection of outdoor sculpture by internationally acclaimed artists along a natural hiking trail.
Preserve Cheekwood as an historical landmark where beauty and excellence in art and horticulture stimulate the mind and nurture the spirit.
Cheekwood will be a nationally recognized destination renowned for its distinctive beauty, historical significance and excellence in art and horticulture.
• Celebration of BEAUTY that nurtures the spirit
• Historical PRESERVATION that pays tribute to the past
• EDUCATION that stimulates the mind
• FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY in stewarding our resources
• CREATIVITY that ensures we are dynamic and innovative
• COLLABORATION that embraces our community
• EXCELLENCE as our standard of operation in all areas