To apply please send your cover letter and resume to: Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
- Part-Time Security Attendant
Part-Time Security Attendant
Cheekwood is seeking several experienced Security Attendants. Working under the direction of the Security & Safety Manager & Coordinator, this position will be responsible for ensuring a safe and secure environment.
- Will protect the art by ensuring that no one touches or moves the art and reports any problems promptly to the Security Manager or Coordinator.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean neat uniform and appearance to reflect a professional image
- Positive interaction with the public answering questions and giving directions.
- Attendants are required to always maintain a calm friendly and professional demeanor, in all situations, while providing exceptional customer service.
- First responder to incidents as needed-attendants should know the location of every fire extinguisher and first aid kits. Incident response time should be quick while maintaining continual radio contact with the Security Base. Incidents reports will be completed accurately and turned in immediately to the Security Manager.
- Must maintain a valid unarmed security license from the State of Tennessee always.
High School diploma, or equivalent, and a valid State of Tennessee Security Unarmed Guard License and Driver’s License. Must have the ability to multi-task and endure long periods of standing or sitting, based on assigned post. Security level experience in the Entertainment or Hospitality Industry is a plus. EOE
Send resume and letter of interest to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
- Part-Time Maintenance
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, this position is responsible for general maintenance, housekeeping, and event set-up activities which can include setting-up tables, chairs, staging and other items for events. The ideal candidate will have weekend availability; outstanding customer service skills; ability to regularly lift and move up to 50 pounds and a valid driver’s license.
Send resume to Penny Bruckse at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Part-Time Security Coordinator
Part-Time Security Coordinator
Cheekwood is seeking an experienced Security Coordinator. This position shall be responsible for all regular security & parking staff deployment and for special after hours/events security requests. The Security Coordinator will have the full authority and responsibility of the Security Manager in their absence.
- Assures appropriate scheduling of security staff & parking to cover all necessary posts including events and additional requirements as defined by particular exhibits
- Closely monitors the daily security logs and follows-up with security and other staff as appropriate with regard to reporting maintenance and other logged issues
- Jointly responsible for key control, alarm codes and alarm system maintenance, including regular testing of alarm systems
- Conducts security, fire, safety and inspections and surveys including recommending corrective actions required
- Assists with hiring, training, motivating and supervising the security & parking staff members, in reference to the visitor guidelines, policies, procedures, regulations and best practices. Directs, instructs and evaluates staff regularly with attention to professionalism and customer service.
- Assists with developing, administering and coordinating protective activities according to established museum policies and organizational protocols
- Assures fire extinguishers and First-Aid kits are up to date, available in all appropriate locations and maps of extinguishers are posted in all staff areas; assure fire exit maps are also posted in all staff areas.
The ideal candidate will have a High school diploma, or equivalent, and formal training in security and protection; must maintain a valid State of Tennessee Security Guard License & Driver’s License. Must also have knowledge of fire and police methods, protection, problems and solutions; the ability to plan and manage effective protective services and multi-tasking; ability to create thorough documentation; perform duties under stress; strong oral and written communications; supervisory experience in an industrial, commercial, municipal, recreational or military establishment or related protection services experience. Must have the availability to work evenings & weekends.
Send letter of interest and resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Part-Time Weekend Parking Attendants
Part-Time Weekend Parking Attendants
Working closely with the Security & Safety Manager & Coordinator’s, Cheekwood Parking Attendants are responsible for maintaining a friendly and professional demeanor and providing exceptional customer service.
- Must become knowledgeable of Cheekwood history and basic facts of interest to visitors.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and neat uniform and appearance.
- Responsible for positive interaction with the public answering questions and giving directions. Limit length of interaction and use appropriate tone of voice.
- Must be able to communicate with other employees while monitoring the parking spaces in his/her lots.
Must have the availability to work weekends and willing to walk/stand for long periods in all types of weather conditions. We offer the ability to work in a beautiful environment.
Please send your resume to Penny Bruckse at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Part-time Retail Sales Associate
Part-time Retail Sales Associate
The Cheekwood Gift Shop is seeking a friendly and energetic salesperson to provide excellent customer service, sales skills and assistance with all aspects of running the retail shop in the beautiful setting of Cheekwood.
Greeting the visitors as a Cheekwood representative, always offering excellent customer service with a genuinely friendly attitude. Providing excellent sales skills and information to customers.
May be responsible for opening/closing the Gift Shop(s) or outdoor kiosk.
Unpacking, pricing, and stocking merchandise within the store standards and practices.
Operates “Point of Sales” computer system – sales, returns, and receiving.
Previous retail experience in a fast-paced environment
Pleasant service-oriented demeanor and strong customer service skills.
Flexible schedules but must have the availability to work nights & weekends and willing walk/stand for long periods in all types of weather conditions.
Please send your resume to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest with desired internship and semester, a resume, and a list of three references, at least one academic.
Please submit all applications to Haley Combs at firstname.lastname@example.org by application deadline for the desired semester. Accepted interns will be required to undergo a background check.