Bracken Foundation Children's Garden
Come Outside And Play!
Something magical is growing at Cheekwood. Nestled between the Frist Learning Center —Cheekwood’s education hub— and Howe Garden, the new Bracken Foundation Children’s Garden is now open!
The Children’s Garden is a new and exciting permanent family feature at Cheekwood, with the goal of being a welcoming and accessible reflection of Cheekwood’s unique offerings of gardens, nature, art, and history.
The new two-acre Bracken Foundation Children’s Garden brings a one-of-a-kind outdoor experience to Cheekwood. Blending art with nature, the Children’s Garden is an interactive and educational outdoor experience that celebrates Cheekwood’s legacy and identity through play and discovery.
Designed with families in mind, visitors can explore private garden rooms, secret nooks, hidden spaces and water features, and so much more.
The Children’s Garden welcomes a new generation of children to Cheekwood.
Photos courtesy of Mary Craven Photography.
Bracken Foundation Children's Garden features:
- • Sherri & Barry Stowe Little Woods
- • Barbara & Rick Turner Family Turtle Pond
- • The Ayers Foundation Wishing Well
- • Grandy Scarlett Studio Pavilion
- • James, Madeleine & Ainsley Byrd Labyrinth Glade
- • Karyn (KK) M. Frist Creek Crossing
- • PNC Living Library
- • The Children’s Hospital at TriStar Centennial Creek
- • First Horizon Performance Stage
- • CoreCivic Foundation Secret Passageway
- • Garden Sculptures created by Ring Studio, Nick & Christine Ring, made possible by the Sandra Schatten Foundation
- • Huddleston Family Duck Puddle
- • Pamela K. & Philip M. Pfeffer and Pfeffer Foundation Tea House
- • Ashley & Harrison Frist and Elizabeth & Bryan Frist Rolling Lawn
- • Lucianne & Toby Wilt and Family Woodland Ramble
- • Jamee & De Thompson and Margaret & John Thompson Sensory Walk
- • Jimmy Webb Family Serpentine Stroll
- • Jane’s Wishing Walk
- • Joellyn & Eric Helman Balcony Mezzanine
- • J.L. Holloway Willow Thicket
- • Shaun & Gordon Inman Tennessee Woodland Walk
- • R. Milton Johnson Family Water Paintings
- • Connie & Carl Haley Hungry Hedgerow
- • Bentley Family Digging Quarry
- • Story Tree
- • Kailey & JR Hand Family Fairy Garden
- • HCA Healthcare Plaza
- • Anne & Joe Russell Family Lily Pool
- • Paisley Family Water Painting
- • Crumbo Family Art Studios
- • Andrew & Cannon Frankenberg Little Adventure Path
Tots! Now Tuesday through Saturday
With the introduction of the Bracken Foundation Children’s Garden, Cheekwood’s primary pre-kindergarten program, Tuesdays for Tots, has been expanded into Tots! Now Tuesday through Saturday. Presented in partnership with PNC Bank, drop-in activities include hands-on art and garden projects and storytime to promote reading and literacy.
Drop-in art and garden activities | 10 AM – 12 PM
Curiosity Cart | 10 AM – 12 PM
Storytime| 10:30 AM, 11 AM, 11:30 AM
Not sure where the group will be or uncertain about the weather? Just give us a call at 615-353-9827 and we’ll be happy to answer your questions. Don’t forget to bring your imagination and dress for mess!
Tots! Now Tuesday through Saturday is free with general admission or membership.