Membership Updates and FAQs
We look forward to welcoming visitors back to Cheekwood beginning Friday, May 22—the same date Cheekwood first opened to the public in 1960! We hope you will visit the gardens soon to renew your mind, body and spirit. The Historic Mansion & Museum will remain closed until we enter Phase Three of Mayor John Cooper’s Roadmap to Reopening Nashville.
Having been closed since mid-March, we are offering an automatic two-month extension on all active memberships. We hope the information below is helpful to you. Thank you so much for your continued support!
- What should I do to receive my two-month extension?
Two-month extensions due to the COVID-19 closure will be automatically applied to your membership. No further action is required. If your membership expired in March or April 2020, please refer to the “Important Membership Details” email sent on 5/18/2020 for further details.
- When will my digital card update with the new expiration?
Our team is working hard to ensure your digital membership card is updated prior to May 22nd. Please allow until May 25th to see this change. You may still visit Cheekwood with your valid membership even if your digital card has not updated.
- I renewed my membership in March 2020. Will I be reimbursed for the time I was not able to use my membership?
Memberships are nonrefundable and nontransferable. You will automatically receive a two-month extension from your original expiration date for your renewal. If your original expiration date was March 31, 2021, your new expiration date will be May 31, 2021.
- I requested a membership extension during quarantine, will I receive an additional 2 months?
Members who received a membership extension by request, will receive a total of two months extension. If at the time of your request you received one month, you will automatically receive one additional month. If at the time of your request your received two months, you will not receive an additional extension.
- Will my next renewal timing be impacted by the two-month extension?
We will communicate based on your original expiration date—you will receive renewal reminders beginning two months prior to your membership expiring.
- How do I reserve a ticket for admission?
To minimize physical contact and ensure social distancing, Cheekwood is currently requiring reservations. Members are required to reserve your complimentary or discounted tickets online. Please follow instructions located at: https://cheekwood.org/member-tickets/
- I am trying to sign-in, but your website does not recognize me. I clicked the “forgot password” link and have not receive an email from Cheekwood. How should I proceed?
Please click the Register button and complete the required information by entering the information we have on file associated with your membership. This should allow you to then proceed to complete your ticket reservation. If you have further challenges, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Can I bring a guest with me on Member Mondays?
Yes, please reserve your guest’s ticket online with your member ticket.