- How do I become a Cheekwood Member?
- How long does it take to get my membership processed?
For registered users, memberships purchased or renewed online are active at time of purchase. For memberships purchased using “Check Out as Guest”, please allow up to 5 business days for processing and activation.
- Will I receive a Member card?
Cheekwood now utilizes digital membership cards. Please visit the Membership Card FAQs for more information.
- What benefits do Members receive?
– Complimentary general admission and parking (a surcharge may apply for special exhibitions or events)
– Reciprocal admission to nearly 345+ botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories nationwide, and over 60 museums in the Southeast
– Invitations to Member-Only events and exhibition previews
– Discount for select classes, workshops, special events, including Great Spring Art Hop, Under the Stars Concert Series, and Holiday LIGHTS.
– Priority registration and discount for children’s camps
– 10% discount at the Cheekwood Gift Shop and Café 29
– Subscription to our quarterly Member Newsletter
– NEW! Early garden entry on Member Mornings
– NEW! Exclusive access to discounts and gifts during Member Appreciation Week
– NEW! Early Member purchase period for special events
Please review our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Contributing-level memberships offer additional benefits. Details can be found here.
- What methods of payment do you accept?
Cheekwood accepts checks (personal or cashier), money order, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express.
- Do you offer discounts for seniors, educators, military, or students?
Yes, seniors (65+), educators, military, and students qualify for a $10 discount on a standard level membership. If you qualify, enter the discount code SENIOR, EDUCATOR, MILITARY, or STUDENT at checkout. (Proof of status required at time of purchase; one discount per membership.)
- Do Members need advanced reservations to visit Cheekwood?
Yes. Registered users can make reservations or purchase event tickets easily online.
- • Go to the ticket calendar
- • Choose a Member timed ticket (Gardens Only or Gardens & Mansion)
- • Select a date and time (You will be prompted to sign into your account)
- • Add ticket(s) to your cart and your Member discount will be reflected on the final payment page
- • Ticket(s) will be delivered to your email which can be saved to your phone or printed
- • Present ticket(s) along with digital membership card or photo ID at check-in
To view our How To video, please click here.
- I clicked the “forgot password” link and have not received the reset email. What should I do?
If you do not receive an email to reset your password within 5 minutes, then it is likely you have not yet registered with our online system. To register, click here and enter the same address, phone, and email information you used when purchasing your membership. If you are still having issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do Members get discounts on tickets for special events like Great Spring Art Hunt, Holiday LIGHTS, and Songwriters Under the Stars?
Yes, Members with standard-level memberships receive discounted pricing per the number of people included in the membership. When purchasing tickets online, your Member discount will appear on the payment page at checkout. Member discounts cannot be applied or refunded after purchase.
- What are reciprocal benefits and how do I use them?
Reciprocal programs are collaborations between cultural institutions that extend admission privileges to the Members of all participating institutions. As a Cheekwood Member, your membership includes reciprocal admission to 345+ botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories nationwide, and over 60 museums in the Southeast. Use the links above to discover participating institutions.
- I lost my membership card. Can I get a new one?
Yes. Cheekwood issues digital membership cards. For more information, please visit Membership Card FAQs.
- I’d like to bring a guest when I visit. What is the easiest way to do so?
Members may purchase a “+ One Guest” or “+Two Guests” membership level. The guest may be a different person each visit. Both guest levels are now available for purchase online.
- Who qualifies as a Guest?
An additional adult (18 and over) of your choosing. The guest may be a different person each visit. Guests do not have to be named; examples include nannies and caregivers. A maximum of two guests per membership can be purchased.
- Can I purchase a “+ Guest” level membership at a later date?
Yes, Members may choose to upgrade their level to include additional Guest(s) following the initial membership purchase. The expiration date of the membership will not be affected. To upgrade, please phone us at 615-353-6984 or stop by the ticketing office on your next visit.
- Can my nanny or caregiver use my membership?
Yes, nannies or caregivers may visit with Member children when a “+ Guest” family level is purchased. Contributing level memberships also include two Guests. Nannies and caregivers must present a copy of a named Member’s ID.
- How do I change my email or mailing address?
To change the email or mailing address associated with your membership, please email us at email@example.com or phone us at 615-353-6984.
- Will I get a renewal notice before my membership expires?
Yes, you will receive 2 notices, first by email and then by mail, which will give you the opportunity to renew before your membership expires. Your renewal will extend the expiration date by 12 months. If you renew expiration, your membership will expire 12 months from date of purchase.
- What’s the best way to stay informed about upcoming events and activities at Cheekwood?
Please provide your current email address when you join or renew to receive our monthly emails. For a complete list of events, workshops, classes, Member Appreciation Days, exhibitions, and family activities, please visit our Happenings Calendar. Don’t forget to follow Cheekwood on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.