El Dia de los Muertos
November 2, 2019 | 9 AM – 5 PM
Every year Cheekwood strives to improve our El Día de los Muertos festival, both for our participants as well as our guests. We work to produce a high-quality event that educates our visitors, and we seek food and retail vendors that have quality merchandise and unique items that will compliment and enhance the spirit of the festival. Vendors are expected to provide an attractive, interesting, professional, clean, and well-maintained booth with friendly, helpful, fun-loving personnel. We make a sincere and reasonable effort to accommodate the needs of our vendors, but must work within the confines of laws, regulations, and time.
– The festival takes place rain OR shine.
– There is no rental fee to participate in the marketplace.
– Vendors must keep their booths open and staffed throughout the event, from 9 am – 5 pm
– All products/services offered for sale must be the same products/services approved during the selection process and must reflect the festival theme as defined by the event organizers.
– All food vendors are required to have a current food service license issued by the Metro Public Health Department AND to abide by the regulations outlined in the Requirements for Temporary Food Events. A copy of the food services license must be included with this application.
Location and Setup
– Set-up times and locations will be provided at the time of application acceptance.
– All vendor spaces are located outdoors.
– All space assignments are made at the discretion of the Event Coordinator.
– Each vendor receives a 10 ‘x 10′ area for their booth. If the vendor chooses to bring a tent, only one 10′ x 10’ tent per vendor is allowed. All items and displays must be contained in the assigned 10 x 10 area. If items or displays exceed the assigned area, items will be removed. Exceptions will be made for Food Truck vendors.
– Cheekwood will supply up to two 8’ tables and four chairs.
– Vendors are responsible for all booth decoration and any other equipment needed.
– Food vendors should be able to operate on their own power supply.
– Pop up tents are not provided by Cheekwood.
Application Review Process
Event spaces are limited. Applications are accepted and spaces assigned based on four criteria:
– Application received before the deadline.
– Previous history with Cheekwood’s El Día de los Muertos event.
– Products and goods support the event theme.
– The goal of quality, diversity, variety, and limited duplication.
– Applicants will be notified of their acceptance on or before Friday, September 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest! This year's application is now closed.