At Cheekwood, it is our pleasure to offer year-round garden displays and world-class art exhibitions for the enjoyment and education of our visitors. So that all visitors can equally enjoy Cheekwood, we ask that you review our tips and guidelines. These are in place to ensure your safety and the safety of others so that Cheekwood can continue to retain its beauty for years to come. Welcome!
If you have any questions regarding our guidelines, please contact Cheekwood Visitor Services at 615-353-6968.
For the safety of our guests and the environment:
- • Tobacco products are not permitted, including e-cigarettes.
- • Any source of fire is not permitted including, but not limited to, camp stoves, candles, tiki torches and barbecue pits.
- • Dogs, with the exception of service animals, are not allowed on-site outside of special dog-friendly events, like Dog Nights of Summer, Dogs & Dogwoods, and Halloween Pooch Parade.
- • Good walking shoes are recommended.
- • Throwing items including, but not limited to, balls and frisbees are not permitted.
- • Scooters, hoverboards and bicycles are not permitted.
- • Guns, weapons and/or knives (with or without a permit) are not permitted.
- • Visitors are only permitted on paved walkways, mulched trails, and mown lawn areas.
- • Due to the historic nature of much of the gardens and mansion, some areas may present challenges to those in wheelchairs, or who have difficulty walking or climbing.
- • Picnics are permitted in designated areas in the gardens. Glass containers are not permitted.
- • Guests are not permitted to bring their own alcohol to Cheekwood.
Please refrain from the following while visiting the Historic Mansion & Museum:
- • Touching the fine art, decorative art (including furniture), and exhibited objects and casework.
- • Bringing food and drink into the mansion.
- • Use of flash photography, tripods and selfie sticks.
- • Bringing strollers and baby carriers inside the Historic Mansion and Museum (baby carriers on the body are permitted when worn in the front)
- • Bringing bags exceeding 16″ x 16″ 8 inside the Historic Mansion and Museum.
- • Taking cell phone calls. Cell phones may be used for non-flash photography.
- • Unauthorized lecturing. Groups of six people or fewer are allowed to convene to discuss works of art quietly and without disturbing other visitors.
- • Using pens, colored pencils, oil paints, charcoal, watercolors or easels. All visitors, including groups of art students, are permitted to sketch in the Historic Mansion & Museum on paper not to exceed 12” x 18” and with lead pencils only. If individuals need to sharpen their pencils, they must use their own containers to collect the shavings.
We permit the use of personal cameras on the grounds and in Historic Mansion & Museum.
No videography allowed inside the Historic Mansion & Museum.
We do NOT permit the use of the following equipment on the Estate: drones, tripods, monopods, selfie sticks, staging equipment, and/or lighting enhancements.
Images taken with your camera may not be used commercially or for publication, and your photography may not interfere with the normal operations of the estate.
Photography sessions for family photos, engagements, graduations, and other special events are permitted, but must be arranged in advance through Cheekwood’s Rentals Department. A photography fee is applied for these services.
Notice of Filming and Photography at Cheekwood
Visitors may be photographed or filmed by Cheekwood staff, vendors, volunteers, or the media. These images and videos may appear in signage, printed materials, and online for any purpose. To opt out, please notify the photographer or videographer while on site. Please be aware that by entering Cheekwood and by your presence at the event, you consent to be photographed, filmed, and/or recorded without financial compensation.