El Dia de los Muertos
November 2, 2019 | 9 AM – 5 PM
Every year, Cheekwood strives to improve El Día de los Muertos festival, both for our participants and our guests. We work to produce a high-quality event that educates our visitors, and are seeking new entertainment that reflects the diverse cultural traditions of Latin America and Mexico for this year’s festival.
– The festival takes place rain OR shine.
– Performances take place both indoors and outdoors throughout the day.
– Performance locations and times are assigned at the discretion of the Event Coordinator. Performers are responsible for their own load in, set up, and load out.
Application Review Process
Event spaces are limited. Applications are accepted and spaces assigned based on the following criteria:
– Date application was received by Cheekwood. (Priority given to early applicants. Application must be received before the August 23 deadline.)
– Previous history with Cheekwood’s El Día de los Muertos event.
– The goal of quality, diversity, variety, and limited duplication.
– Applicants will be notified of their acceptance on or before Friday, September 6, 2019.
Thank you for your interest! This year's application is now closed.