An unforgettable destination in any season!
Let Cheekwood transport your group to another time and place. With 55 acres of majestic botanical gardens, world-class art exhibitions, and the historic Cheek family home, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
For more information or questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For parties less than 15 people please visit our ticketing page for admission information.
Group & Bulk Ticket Options
- Self-Guided Group Tours
The following rates are for parties of 15 or more people. For parties less than 15 people please visit our ticketing page for admission information.
Garden & Mansion Entry: Adults $21, Seniors (65+) $20, Youth $15
Garden Only Entry: Adults $18, Seniors (65+) $16, Youth $12
Reservations are required at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Groups touring the Historic Mansion & Museum will be divided into timed entries during their visit.
- Due to the historic nature of much of the gardens and mansion, some areas may present challenges to those in wheelchairs, or who have difficulty walking or climbing. Please let the Tourism Department know if any of your participants will need accommodations.
- Prices subject to change
- Guided Group Tours
Modern Gardens Tour
Tour meets at Botanic Hall
Take a stroll through Cheekwood’s beautifully curated East Gardens and seasonal Color Garden display, with a focus on our most newly introduced garden spaces. Gardens featured on this tour showcase Cheekwood’s innovative landscape designs, all installed post Cheek-era, between 1969 and 2020.
Historic Gardens Tour
Tour meets at Botanic Hall
Take a journey through time, and explore the history of Cheekwood’s dazzling landscape! Highlighting natural features and garden areas original to the Cheek Era, participants on this tour will view our oldest gardens through the perspective of a guest to Mr. and Mrs. Leslie Cheek Sr. Winding through the property and historic buildings, participants on this tour will get a closer look at what life was like for the Cheek Family in the 1930’s, and explore how Cheekwood exemplifies the American Country Place era.
Seasonal Garden Tour
Tour Meets at Botanic Hall
Just as museums have a permanent collection of artwork and temporary exhibitions, Cheekwood has both permanent collection plantings and those that rotate seasonally! Explore highlights of both the East and West Gardens on this one-hour route through the property, celebrating the current season! Participants on the Seasonal Garden Tour will learn about Cheekwood’s rotating seasonal displays while observing those areas with the most bountiful blooms and color!
The seasonal garden tour is the ideal way to explore the property in a limited amount of time.
House and History Tour
Tour meets in front of the Mansion
Enter the historic home of Leslie Cheek Sr. and Mabel Wood Cheek and learn about what it was like to be a guest of the Cheeks in the 1930’s! Participants on the tour of the Mansion will visit each of the restored period rooms, learning about the Cheek family in addition to the Mansion’s restoration, decorative arts, and artwork on view. Please note that, due to the historic nature of the mansion, some areas may present challenges to those in wheelchairs, or who have difficulty walking or climbing.
Carell Trail Highlights
Tour Meets at Botanic Hall
Amble along the Ann and Monroe Carrel Jr. Family Sculpture Trail, and learn about both the outdoor contemporary sculpture and various plantings that call the trail their home! This 1.5-mile trail houses 14 unique sculptures and installations, several of which were created specifically for Cheekwood, in addition to six distinct ecological regions.
Please note: for the best visitor experience, each docent should have no more than 15 people. Groups of more than 15 will need to be divided into smaller groups for guided tours.
- The Carell Trail Audio Tour
Add-on the complimentary Ann & Monroe Carell Jr. Family Sculpture Trail Audio Tour to your group’s visit. Experience the feeling of being guided through a woodland path by our curators and hosts with our 30-minute audio tour.
- Bulk Tickets
You may preorder general admission or special event tickets in advance and then simply distribute the tickets to your guests and no group check-in is required.
– Bulk tickets can be purchased for parties of 100 or more.
– Tickets must be spread out over several dates and/or entry times.
– Timed-entry tickets must be booked in advance through a special reservation system setup after your bulk order has been purchased.
These prices are for bulk ticket orders for groups over 100:
- Garden Only: Adults $15 and Youth $10
- Garden and Mansion: Adults $17 and Youth $12
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Please note that Cheekwood no longer offers private group dining or boxed lunches. Groups are welcome to order from Café 29but they do not accept reservations in advance. For more information on Café 29 please click here.
You are welcome to bring picnics and utilize the picnic tables around the property. Please review our prohibited items before bringing a picnic or ask our group tours office for more information.
- School Groups
Engage students in art, history, and botanical gardens with a field trip to Cheekwood. Cheekwood offers free admission to all school groups from Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama. Students in grades pre-k-12 can enjoy a self-guided experience through the gardens. For more information on school groups and other educational opportunities, please click here.
- Payment, Cancellation and Refund Information for Group Tours
- Reservations are not confirmed until signed contract and deposit are received
- Invoices must be paid by due date listed on contact or confirmation email from our Tourism Department. Tradionally it is set for 1 week after the contract is emailed.
- We reserve the right to offer your date(s) to other groups if payment is not received.
- Final participant count and payment are due 14 days prior to the scheduled tour date.
- Cheekwood requires groups to make all payment in advance of scheduled arrival. You may pay via credit card by using the attached authorization form. Please note that should the members of your group choose to pay individually; they will be charged Cheekwood general admission prices.
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Deposits are non-refundable. If cancellation occurs less that one week prior to your scheduled date no refunds will be given. Should the number of individuals in your party differ than the payment amount made by credit card, cash or check, Cheekwood will not issue refunds.
- All tours are rain or shine.
- If Cheekwood cancels the tour due to weather, we will make every effort to reschedule it, or give you a refund less the deposit.
- Should your group arrive more than 20 minutes late for a guided tour, a refund will not be issued in the event that a guide is no longer available.
- Groups with outstanding balances are not permitted to book tours until the account has been brought up to date.
Ready to Visit Cheekwood?
Let Cheekwood transport your group to another time and place. With 55 acres of majestic botanical gardens, world-class art exhibitions, and the historic Cheek family home, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Please use this form for adult groups or student groups from outside the states of Tennessee, Kentucky, and Alabama.
Guided Walk-up Tours
Guided tours are interactive, discussion based, and last 45 minutes to one hour.
There are currently no walk-up tours scheduled. Please check back soon for 2023 guided tours!
Tours are walk-up, on a first come, first serve basis with limited capacity. Visitors can make on-site reservations at the Admissions Building or in the Mansion Foyer. All tour participants will be given a wristband. Garden and Mansion admission is required for House and History tours.
Please note: There will not be walk-up tours Tuesday-Thursday, or on Christmas/New Years Day.