The Beginning to Your Perfect Event
Planning a wedding or private event? With our spectacular landscape and variety of both indoor and outdoor venues, it’s no wonder that Cheekwood is the premier event space in Nashville. No matter the type of event you’re hosting, our estate and gardens are the perfect backdrop to impress your guests. Learn more about hosting an event with us or reach out to the events team to schedule a tour!
Complete with beautiful blooms and a stunning view of the Tennessee hills, Cheekwood is Nashville’s premier wedding destination.
Whether you’re hosting a company party or having a client meeting, our estate offers the perfect backdrop to impress your guests.
Ready to pop the question? We can help you make your engagement a memory they’ll remember and cherish forever.
Photography & Filming
The historic grandeur of Cheekwood is the perfect backdrop for photos and videos. Whether you’re interested in corporate headshots or are taking engagement photos, the natural setting will perfectly compliment your subject.
General Visitor Photography
Photography is allowed in all locations at Cheekwood. Temporary exhibitions may limit photography privileges. Tripods and flash photography are not permitted in the Historic Mansion & Museum. The use of drones and selfie sticks are prohibited in all areas.
Commercial Photography & Film
Commercial photographers, ad agencies, public relations firms, corporate communications offices, location scouts and others wishing to shoot commercial photography or video at Cheekwood Estate and Gardens should contact Cheekwood in advance and receive written permission at least five days before the desired session date.
Commercial photography and film is defined as images or video created in or of the Cheekwood property that any individual or organization intends to use for commercial, professional, advertising, or promotional purposes, including but not limited to film or television, advertising, retail merchandising, marketing, portfolio, styled shoot, educational or published material, or any purpose for which the photographer is paid for the use of the image or video. Fees for commercial photography and filming are determined on an individual basis.
For more information, contact Cheekwood at 615-354-6377 or [email protected].
Cheekwood charges a session fee for any pre-planned or posed photography or videography taken on the Cheekwood grounds including, but not limited to bridal, engagement, pregnancy, family, senior pictures, and corporate groups. A copy of our signed Cheekwood photography guidelines is required prior to your session date. Please choose a date and time, including a backup choice, when requesting a photography session. Our hours of operation should be referenced when choosing a date. Any session booked after-hours will incur an after-hours fee. We request three days advance notice for all portrait sessions. All portrait sessions include a 3-hour session. Walk-up photo sessions will not be accepted.
Portrait Photography Fee
Cheekwood Members: $200
After Hours Fee: $100
*Non-members will receive a one dual-household Cheekwood membership good for one year with their photography session.
- Portrait photography sessions must be booked at least three days in advance. Walk-up photo sessions will not be accepted.
- Indoor dressing room facilities are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- The portrait photography booking fee includes day of admission for up to 6 guests
- We offer one complimentary, non-weather-related rescheduling for your booked photography session. Each additional non-weather-related rescheduling will incur a fee.
- Any session that lasts past 5 pm will incur an additional $100 after-hours security fee (sessions booked for 2:01 pm or later will automatically be charged.) During the months of November – January, any session booked that will run past 4 pm will incur an after-hours fee
- The client(s) who hire photographers for Cheekwood sessions are considered the primary beneficiaries of the session/booking and complimentary membership. Photographers who are current members and are asked to take photographs of clients are not considered the primary beneficiary and should direct their clients to the Special Events Department for payment of membership and session fees. The photographer is not permitted to gain membership for these sessions or use personal membership when booking a photography session
- Any client with a signed contract for an after-hours, private event held at Cheekwood qualifies for one complimentary professional photography session at Cheekwood within one year of the contracted event in addition to any photographs taken the day of the event. Reservations must be made with Special Events Department
- Cheekwood does not have an on-site photographer. Please reach out to the Special Events Department if photographer recommendations are needed. All Cheekwood photography guidelines apply. Reservations must be made with the Special Events Department.
Portrait Booking Form
All booking fees are non-refundable.