- Pre-visit materials to be completed in the classroom along with either an in-person or Zoom visit from Cheekwood’s Garden Educator.
- A student field trip to Cheekwood, where students will plant seeds in the garden, work with more mature plants to learn about adaptations and pollination, taste food that grows in a garden, and plant seeds to take back to their classroom.
- Continued engagement between the Garden Educator and the classes via emails, photos, and video chats to allow students to monitor the growth of what they planted at Cheekwood and share what they are seeing with the plants they are caring for at school.
- A Destination Cheekwood family field trip on a weekend so that students can share what they have learned with their families and so that families can taste some of what has been grown in the garden. Families will be provided with a year-long membership to come back again and again.
- A culminating program to congratulate the students on their hard work, talk about potential career paths they may be interested in, and to answer any final questions.
Please note that this program is designed for an entire third grade and participating schools must agree to participate in each component of the program listed above.
For more information about the program please email [email protected].
Cheekwood GROWS Application
Please note that this program is designed for an entire third grade at Title 1 schools. Participating schools must agree to participate in each component of the program. We will use this application to determine if the program is a good fit for your school.