Tots! Activity: Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker Crowns
Inspired by the Nashville Ballet’s costumes in Nashville’s Nutcracker, use our templates below to create your own Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker crowns. Come to Cheekwood and see original costumes and stage props from Nashville’s Nutcracker as a part of the Nutcracker Marche in the Mansion exhibition in the Historic Mansion & Museum.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Cardstock or other thick paper
• Sugar Plum Fairy and Nutcracker templates *See template below
• Sequins or gems
• Glitter glue
• Liquid glue
1. Print out the crown template of your choice onto cardstock or other thick paper.
2. Cut out the crown and color it in with markers. If you use crayons, it will be too waxy to get gems and sequins to stick with liquid glue.
3. Use liquid glue to attach gems, sequins, or any other fun craft material of your choice. Set aside and let dry.
4. Use glitter glue to add additional sparkly decoration to your crown. Set aside to dry completely.
5. Cut strips of cardstock to use as the band around the back of your crown. Staple the band on the back so that it fits on your head. Optional: Use bobby pins or attach your crown to a hair comb to secure it in place, just like the professional dancers do.
Join the Nashville Ballet for a virtual storytime:
Click here to sign up and participate in the Nashville Ballet virtual storytime on Saturday, December 5 at 10 AM!