Tots! Activity: Bubble Paintings
As Cheekwood’s Tots program is temporarily suspended, we are sharing today’s activity for parents and tots to activate at home. Use our files to create your own bubble painting, then share your work with us by tagging @cheekwood on Instagram and using #cheekwoodtots!
Here’s what you’ll need:• Painting paper
• Small bowls
• Bubble solution
• Bubble wands or straws
• Liquid water colors in various colors
Directions:1. Pour the bubble solution into small bowls. Mix in liquid watercolor.
2. If using a bubble wand, dip in the bubble solution and blow bubbles onto a piece of paper.
3. If using a straw, place the bowl on or near a piece of paper. Use the straw to blow bubbles until it overflows onto the paper, making sure tots know to blow through the straw and not to drink the bubbles.
Try pairing the activity with one of these books:
Big Bad Bubble by Adam Rubin
Curly’s Fun with Bubbles by Sherry Boddie
Ask your artist: • Did you try to make a design with your bubbles? Was it difficult?
• What kind of things make bubbles?
• Can you describe your bubbles?