Tots! Activity: Foil Paintings
As Cheekwood’s Tots program is temporarily suspended, we are sharing today’s activity for parents and tots to activate at home. Use our files to create your own foil painting, then share your work with us by tagging @cheekwood on Instagram and using #cheekwoodtots!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Tear off a large piece of foil and place it and the paints in front of your tot.
2. Allow tot to paint pictures and patterns or whatever they desire.
Try pairing the activity with one of these books:
Art’s Supplies by Chris Tougas
Art by Patrick McDonnell
Ask your artist:
• How is painting on foil different than painting on paper? Did you like painting on the foil instead of paper?
• What did you paint? Why did you paint that?
• What is your favorite part of your painting?