Tots! Activity: Autumn Silhouettes
As Cheekwood’s Tots program is temporarily suspended, we are sharing today’s activity for parents and tots to activate at home. Use our files to create your own autumn silhouettes, then share your work with us by tagging @cheekwood on Instagram and using #cheekwoodtots!
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Painting paper or thick paper
• Autumn colored paints
• Silhouette templates
• Sponges and paint brushes
1. Paint your paper with the fall colors (red, yellow, orange, brown).
2. Wait for your painting to dry.
3. Print and cut out the silhouettes.
4. Glue the silhouette onto your dry painting.
5. You can also paint your own silhouettes using black paint on the dried paintings.
Try pairing the activity with one of these books:
Mouse’s First Fall by Lauren Thompson
Autumn is Here! by Heidi Pross Gray
Flashlight by Lizi Boyd
Lawrence in the Fall by Matthew Farina
Ask your explorer:
• What colors did you use? Why do you think they are fall colors?
• What is your silhouette of? How did you make it?
• What happens to the leaves on the trees in the Autumn?