Elopements at Cheekwood
As if planning a wedding did not provoke enough anxiety, the pandemic has compounded the natural stress that already comes along with wedding planning. Brides are making really tough decisions to cancel, postpone, and reevaluate their plans to say “I Do” around a large group of family and friends. To make matters more complicated, the confusion around guidelines on gatherings, new protocols, and uncertainty of the future of the pandemic are making it harder to decided how to move forward. As an engaged couple -whatever you may be feeling – you are not alone. Many couples are turning to elopements as a solution to gain back control of their wedding and move forward. Historically elopements are thought of as a couple whisking away unknown to family and friends to hold a secret ceremony to solidify a union. These days – now more than ever – elopements are providing couples a safe and certain way to be married while including their most inner circle of guests. Cheekwood has provided a stunning backdrop for elopements way before the pandemic hit. Our team will continue to service our couples who want to keep it simple – for whatever the reason.
Here are our top 3 reasons we love elopements now and forever:
1. Keep the focus on you – Every single moment will be focused on you and your new spouse! There will be less pressure to entertain guests or to be distracted by others.
2. There’s always time to plan a bigger celebration later – The thought of planning a big gathering may make some feel uncomfortable during this time. This feeling is okay! You can still have the wedding of your dreams, even if you plan to throw a grand party at a later date. No one says it all has to be done in one day!
3. Pictures last a life time – Spend the day taking really great photos! You will feel like a million bucks, and no one will be waiting on you so they can eat dinner. Eliminating the stress and rush of a timeline will truly let your best side shine.
Whatever decision is best for you, the Cheekwood Special Events team is here to help you figure it out along the way. We offer a variety of services including:
• Photo sessions for those who want bridal portraits
• Small private evening ceremonies
• Daytime elopements
• Larger outdoor reception spaces with plenty of room for social distancing
Photos courtesy of Janelle Elise Photography