La Catrina Puppets
About the tradition:
La Catrina first appeared with her fancy hat and clothes as we know her today in the early 1900s because of an artist named José Guadalupe Posada. Today, La Catrina is the most recognizable symbol of El Día de los Muertos.
Here’s what you’ll need:
• Catrina template *See template below
• White cardstock
• Markers, crayons or colored pencils
• Glue or brads
1. Print the Catrina template on cardstock and cut it out.
2. Arrange the pieces into a skeleton.
3. Attach the pieces together. You can glue the pieces together or use brads at the joints so the arms and legs can move.
4. Decorate your Catrina!