As Cheekwood’s Tots program is temporarily suspended, we are sharing today’s activity for parents and tots to activate at home. Use our files to create your own Tu B’Shevat Tree out of recycled paper rolls, then share your work with us by tagging @cheekwood on Instagram and using #cheekwoodtots!
Here’s what you’ll need:• Green construction paper
• Toilet paper roll
• Markers, crayons or colored pencils
• Stamps and ink pads
Directions:1. On a piece of green construction paper, draw a large tree top shape and cut it out.
2. On one open side of the toilet paper roll, cut two small slits on each side. This is where the treetop will be placed.
3. Color and decorate the treetop previously cut out.
4. Stand the toilet paper roll up with the cut side up. Please the treetop into the slit.
5. Optional: If your tree is having a hard time standing, cut a square piece of thick paper/cardboard and glue it to the bottom of the tree.