Tots! Activity: Woodland Creatures
As Cheekwood’s Tots program is temporarily suspended, we are sharing today’s activity for parents and tots to activate at home. Use our files to create your own woodland creatures, then share your work with us by tagging @cheekwood on Instagram and using #cheekwoodtots!
Here’s what you’ll need:• Animal template *See template below
• Brown construction paper
• Markers or other craft materials
Directions:1. Print the template out. Cut out the pieces and trace them onto felt.
2. Draw the face and details or use other craft materials.
3. Knot the string.
4. Glue the felt pieces together, sandwiching the knotted string between the front and back pieces.
Try pairing the activity with one of these books:
A Walk in the Forest by Maria Dek
Forest Has A Song: Poems by Amy Ludwig VanDerwater
The Busy Tree by Jennifer Ward
Ask your explorer: • What kind of animals live in the woods? Which one is your favorite?
• What shapes did you use to make your animals? What parts did those shapes become?
• How did you make your woodland animals?