Frequently Asked Questions About Our Membership Program
For registered users, memberships purchased or renewed online are active at time of purchase. For memberships purchased using “Check Out as Guest”, please allow up to 5 business days for processing and activation.
Cheekwood now utilizes digital membership cards. Scroll down to the Membership Card FAQs for more information.
– Complimentary general admission and parking (a surcharge may apply for special exhibitions or events)
– Reciprocal admission to nearly 345+ botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories nationwide, and over 60 museums in the Southeast
– Invitations to Member-Only events and exhibition previews
– Discount for select classes, workshops, special events, including Great Spring Art Hop, Under the Stars Concert Series, and Holiday LIGHTS.
– Priority registration and discount for children’s camps
– 10% discount at the Cheekwood Gift Shop and Café 29
– Subscription to our quarterly Member Newsletter
– NEW! Early garden entry on Member Mornings
– NEW! Exclusive access to discounts and gifts during Member Appreciation Week
– NEW! Early Member purchase period for special events
Please review our Membership Terms & Conditions here.
Contributing-level memberships offer additional benefits. Details can be found here.
Cheekwood accepts checks (personal or cashier), money order, MasterCard, Visa, Discover or American Express.
Yes, seniors (65+), educators, military, and students qualify for a $10 discount on a standard level membership. If you qualify, enter the discount code SENIOR, EDUCATOR, MILITARY, or STUDENT at checkout. (Proof of status required at time of purchase; one discount per membership.)
Yes. Registered users can make reservations or purchase event tickets easily online.
- Go to the ticket calendar
- Choose a Member timed ticket (Gardens Only or Gardens & Mansion)
- Select a date and time (You will be prompted to sign into your account)
- Add ticket(s) to your cart and your Member discount will be reflected on the final payment page
- Ticket(s) will be delivered to your email which can be saved to your phone or printed
- Present ticket(s) along with digital membership card or photo ID at check-in
To view our How To video, please click here.
If you do not receive an email to reset your password within 5 minutes, then it is likely you have not yet registered with our online system. To register, click here and enter the same address, phone, and email information you used when purchasing your membership. If you are still having issues, please contact us at [email protected].
Yes, Members with standard-level memberships receive discounted pricing per the number of people included in the membership. When purchasing tickets online, your Member discount will appear on the payment page at checkout. Member discounts cannot be applied or refunded after purchase.
Reciprocal programs are collaborations between cultural institutions that extend admission privileges to the Members of all participating institutions. As a Cheekwood Member, your membership includes reciprocal admission to 345+ botanical gardens, arboreta, and conservatories nationwide, and over 60 museums in the Southeast. Use the links above to discover participating institutions.
Yes. Cheekwood issues digital membership cards. For more information, please scroll down to Membership Card FAQs.
Members may purchase a “+ One Guest” or “+Two Guests” membership level. The guest may be a different person each visit. Both guest levels are now available for purchase online.
An additional adult (18 and over) of your choosing. The guest may be a different person each visit. Guests do not have to be named; examples include nannies and caregivers. A maximum of two guests per membership can be purchased.
Yes, Members may choose to upgrade their level to include additional Guest(s) following the initial membership purchase. The expiration date of the membership will not be affected. To upgrade, please phone us at 615-353-6984 or stop by the ticketing office on your next visit.
Yes, nannies or caregivers may visit with Member children when a “+ Guest” family level is purchased. Contributing level memberships also include two Guests. Nannies and caregivers must present a copy of a named Member’s ID.
To change the email or mailing address associated with your membership, please email us at [email protected] or phone us at 615-353-6984.
Yes, you will receive 2 notices, first by email and then by mail, which will give you the opportunity to renew before your membership expires. Your renewal will extend the expiration date by 12 months. If you renew expiration, your membership will expire 12 months from date of purchase.
Please provide your current email address when you join or renew to receive our monthly emails. For a complete list of events, workshops, classes, Member Appreciation Days, exhibitions, and family activities, please visit our Happenings Calendar. Don’t forget to follow Cheekwood on social media, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Member Card FAQs
In an effort to reduce plastic and protect the environment, Cheekwood issues digital membership cards to all Members. The digital cards can be printed, downloaded, or added to your smart phone.
If you are a new Member or have not previously downloaded your digital membership card, the Member(s) listed on the membership will receive a separate email within 5 business days after purchase with instructions on how to download to your mobile device.
If you have previously downloaded your digital membership card to your smart phone, your card will expire. You will need to follow email instructions to download your new card. Digital cards must be manually uploaded after purchase or renewal.
Members may present their digital membership card OR a photo ID along with their advanced reservation ticket to admissions staff.
The email is sent to the Member(s) listed on the membership. You can also try searching your email using the keyword “Cheekwood Membership”.
Please note: If you have previously downloaded your digital membership card to your smart phone, you will need to discard the old card and follow email instructions to download your new card. Digital cards must be manually uploaded after purchase or renewal.
To have your digital membership card resent, please email us at [email protected].
Open the email sent to you from Cheekwood Membership, click the Download Membership Card link, and choose from one of the following options:
- Print Membership Card – if you prefer a printed copy of your card
- Download Membership Card – if you prefer to save to your files or screenshot
- Add to Apple Wallet – if you prefer to access from your iPhone’s wallet
- Google Pay | Save to phone – if you prefer to access from your Android/Pixel/Samsung device
Yes, please contact us at [email protected].