Tots! Activity: Paper Sculptures
As Cheekwood’s Tots program is temporarily suspended, we are sharing today’s activity for parents and tots to activate at home. Use our files to create your own paper sculptures, then share your work with us by tagging @cheekwood on Instagram and using #cheekwoodtots!
Here’s what you’ll need:• Colored paper
• Cardboard or sturdy paper (for a base)
Directions:1. Cut various shapes and strips out of the colored paper.
2. Fold over ends to have a surface to glue on.
3. Attach paper to base so that it pops up! Not everything has to be attached to the base. It can be glued to or wrapped around other parts.
Try pairing the activity with one of these books:
In Mary’s Garden by Tina and Carson Kugler
A Life Made by Hand by Andrea D’Aquino
Ask your artist: • Tell me about your sculpture. Which side of your sculpture do you like the best?
• If your sculpture was big enough to walk through, where would you put it?
• What is the title for your sculpture?