Public Guided Tours
Cheekwood offers public tours of the gardens and Historic Mansion & Museum to individuals and families as part of general admission. Guided tours are interactive, discussion based, and last 45 minutes to one hour. Historic Mansion & Museum tours, which are limited to 20 participants, can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis in the mansion each day. Registered participants will be given a wristband to wear during the tour. Garden tours are not limited in number, but early arrival is encouraged. All tours are subject to volunteer docent availability.
Guided Walk-Up Tours
In response to the government’s recommendations to avoid the spread of COVID-19, Cheekwood’s entire campus, including the Historic Mansion & Museum, Gardens and all estate buildings are temporarily closed. All public programs are cancelled through April 30 and refunds or ticket exchanges will be provided.
House and History Walk-up Tour | Weekdays at 12 PM & Weekends at 12 PM, 1 PM, and 2 PM
Tours meet outside the main entrance to the Historic Mansion & Museum. In case of inclement weather, tours will begin in the Entrance Hall of the Historic Mansion & Museum.
*Tours are not offered on Memorial Day, Labor Day, July 4th and Easter. Additional tours will be available during festivals.
Let Cheekwood transport your group to another time and place. With 55-acres of majestic botanical gardens, world-class art exhibitions, and the historic Cheek family home, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Group rates are available for 15 or more guests with complimentary admission for the driver and group leader.
Engage students in art, history, and botanical gardens with a field trip to Cheekwood. Cheekwood offers FREE ADMISSION for teachers and students with school groups from Tennessee, Southern Kentucky and Northern Alabama.
Students in grades pre-K-12 can explore the botanical gardens, experience the Historic Mansion & Museum, and tour exhibitions in the art galleries. Guided tours are grade level- and subject area-appropriate and are aligned with Tennessee Academic Standards.
- • Tours are available Tuesday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- • Starting Fall 2019, Cheekwood will only book homeschool groups any time after 12:00 pm.
- • The maximum group size for guided tours is 80 students, and 120 students for self-guided tours. Larger groups will be asked to schedule their tours on separate dates.
- • The minimum group size is 10 students. Groups smaller than 10 students must pay regular admission prices.
- • Students and teachers get free admission, but adult chaperones (non-school employees) will be required to pay $16/person.
- • Each guided tour lasts between 30 minutes to one hour. Self-guided tours are self-paced and can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.
- • Advanced reservations are required for guided and self-guided tours
- • Teachers may be asked to present their teacher ID upon arrival.
Contact Erin Castellano at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Free school tours are made possible, in part, by the M. Stratton Foster Foundation and by funds raised through Cheekwood’s annual FALL FOR CHEEKWOOD Family Benefit.