Public Guided Tours
Cheekwood offers public tours of the gardens and Cheek Mansion to individuals and families as part of general admission. Guided tours are interactive, discussion based, and last 45 minutes to one hour. Mansion tours, which are limited to 20 participants, can be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis in the visitor center each day. Registered participants will be given a wristband to wear during the tour. Garden tours are not limited in number, but early arrival is encouraged. All tours are subject to volunteer docent availability.
Weekday mansion walk up tours at 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM | Tours meet outside the main entrance to the Cheek Mansion. In case of inclement weather, tours will begin in the Entrance Hall of the Cheek Mansion.
Weekend mansion walk up tours at 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM | Tours meet outside the main entrance to the Cheek Mansion. In case of inclement weather, tours will begin in the Entrance Hall of the Cheek Mansion.
Weekend garden walk up tours at 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM | Tours meet outside of the Visitor Services building.
New! Behind-the-Scenes Tours
Behind-the-Scenes Tours begin at 2pm and do not require advance registration.
September 23: Cheekwood Wildlife
September 30: Native Plants and Rain Gardens
October 7: Continuity of Context
October 14: Ash Trees and the Emerald Ash Borer
October 21: Sculpture Trail
Let Cheekwood transport your group to another time and place. With 55-acres of majestic botanical gardens, world-class art exhibitions, and the historic Cheek family home, there is something for everyone to enjoy. Group rates are available for 15 or more guests with complimentary admission for the driver and group leader.
*Includes upscale boxed lunch/breakfast in a private room
Engage students in art, history, and botanical gardens with a field trip to Cheekwood. Cheekwood offers FREE ADMISSION for teachers and students with school groups from Tennessee, Southern Kentucky and Northern Alabama.
Students in grades pre-K-12 can explore the botanical gardens, experience the historic Cheek mansion, and tour exhibitions in the museum galleries. Guided tours are grade level- and subject area-appropriate and are aligned with Tennessee Academic Standards.
- Tours are available Tuesday – Friday, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- The maximum group size for one day is 120 students. Larger groups will be asked to schedule their tours on separate dates.
- The minimum group size is 10 students. Groups smaller than 10 students must pay regular admission prices.
- Students and teachers get free admission, but adult chaperones (non-school employees) will be required to pay $16/person.
- Each guided tour lasts between 30 minutes to one hour. Self-guided tours are self-paced and can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.
- Advanced reservations are required for guided and self-guided tours
- Teachers may be asked to present their teacher ID upon arrival.
Contact Rachel Head at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Free school tours are made possible, in part, by the M. Stratton Foster Foundation and by funds raised through Cheekwood’s annual FALL FOR CHEEKWOOD Family Benefit.